Since the company’s founding in 1882, UGI has been committed to supporting the communities in our service territory. Our Company and employee volunteers focus on supporting areas of improving literacy; inspiring the next generation of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) professionals; building future leaders; and supporting safe and sustainable communities.
At UGI Utilities, community is at the heart of all our employees do. As we look back on 2023, UGI Utilities employees spent over 2,000 hours supporting these focus areas by volunteering in the community.
Together, UGI Utilities employees made the following impact:
- UGI employee volunteers helped to install over 620 smoke detectors across our service territory through the American Red Cross Sound the Alarm campaign.
- During the 2022-2023 school year, 14,000 first-grade students received more than 32,000 books thanks to our partnership with Reading Is Fundamental.
- Employees spent approximately 250 hours supporting food security, including packing food boxes, distributing groceries, and serving meals at community kitchens.
- Thanks to UGI’s partnership with the S.P.A.R.K.S. Foundation, 8,223 students participated in fun and engaging STEM programming during the 2022-23 school year.
- Employees spent approximately 240 hours volunteering at Habitat for Humanity Home Builds to help build safe and affordable housing.
- Employees also participated in a number of office-based community activities, including blood drives, writing holiday cards for local veterans, and donating to 20 school supply and holiday drives.
UGI is proud of our employees who get involved in their community to help those in need. Learn more about UGI’s community commitments in our ESG report.