UGI Utilities’ Lancaster office employees collected donated school supplies to support Crispus Attucks Community Center in Lancaster, PA.
The start of the new school year marks an important time across the communities UGI serves. “Back to school” symbolizes growth, a return to structured learning, and the opportunity for students to progress toward their future goals. It’s a time of renewal and enthusiasm that’s intertwined with UGI’s mission to build a strong, educated, and skilled workforce.
At UGI Utilities, our employees have been busy with volunteer efforts throughout Pennsylvania to help ensure a successful start to the 2023-24 school year:
- In Allentown, UGI sponsored and attended The Salvation Army, Allentown Corps, 19th Annual Backpack Distribution event
- Employees from UGI’s Lancaster office donated school supplies to support Crispus Attucks Community Center, a program of Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County.
- UGI also supported school supply collections for the Schuylkill United Way (bottom, second from left), the United Way of Wyoming Valley, and REAL Life Community Services.
- Other activities include visiting with students at the ProJeCt of Easton’s SIZZLE! summer reading program, and at the Lancaster Science Factory.
- UGI also brought vehicles to a Touch-a-Truck event in Shavertown.
Since UGI’s founding in 1882, UGI has been committed to support the communities we serve. As a leading utility provider, UGI Utilities and its employees have continued to partner organizations to find innovative ways to deliver services to those who need it most.
Learn more about UGI’s community involvement throughout our businesses, click here.